You will like this beef crockpot recipe. This is very fast and very simple, easy to throw together in the crock pot. I watch my grocery store for the sales on beef roasts to get the best buy for my money. They have terrific sales at times. When that happens, I buy multiple roasts and cook them different ways and put them in the freezer to be able to thaw during the week for an easy and fast homemade dinner to serve to my family. I usually do my shopping on a Friday night and do my cooking at various times over the weekend. By buying these meats on sale, I save money. By doing my cooking on the weekend, I’m not tempted to stop at a fast food place for dinner. The fast food restaurants are a great help in an emergency, but not something I want my family eating all the time.
Here is a good beef recipe for your crock pot that I have used many times. My family loves it and I hope your family does as well.
- 3 pound bottom round roast (or your favorite cut of beef for roasting)
- 4 good-sized white potatoes, peeled and cut into slices or chunks
- 2 shallots, minced finely (or you can substitute the shallots for garlic, if your family has a preference. At times, I don’t have time to chop anything so I always keep one of those little jars of minced or chopped garlic that you can find in the produce section at the grocers and use the garlic instead. About 3 tablespoons will do.)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into circles (or, if you are very handy with a very sharp knife, you can cut the carrots in long strips. The long strips give it an elegant look, but are a lot of trouble to cut.)
- 1 package Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix (mix this soup mix as per the instructions on the box before adding to the crock pot.)
Mix all ingredients. Put the beef roast in the bottom of the crock and pour your mixture on top of it. Cook for 8 hours. I usually use the high setting, so I make sure it is tender. You can cook it on medium or low for 6 to 8 hours, depending upon the doneness that you desire.
This is a great family meal recipe. It’s a hearty meal for a cold night and brings back memories of your childhood, when mom had the time to cook all day and serve a delicious meal each and every night. If you have a fireplace, light the fire, have everything snug and warm. If you don’t have a fireplace, light some candles. If the kids are away, have a glass of wine with your meal. Good food, good company, good eats, pleasurable meal, a meal to remember and savor with family or friends. I always have a little dessert of fruit. The darker the fruits in color, the better I like them. Don’t know why that is???? Love, love, love this meal, though, and a simple apple dish would be great with it, but a blackberry or blueberry cobbler is out of this world!!!!!!!!!